Our Wearable Waste Fashion Show

On Tuesday afternoon at school our class made clothes out of recycled materials with Room 7. I made a dress and I was a villain. Mr Bell and Mrs Agnew were talking about what we could make with our materials, like dresses, warriors, animals but I already had an idea, but I didn’t share it right then.

I made my clothes out of rubbish bags, paper flowers, cardboard and polystyrene and paint. At first, I was so confused about how to make a dress and then one of my friends gave me an idea. So then I started to make my dress and then I found a red rubbish bag so I made that red rubbish bag into a t-shirt and then I added some black paper flowers onto my t-shirt and for my pants there was a black rubbish bag with some other black paper flowers.

I was so proud of myself when I was finished and then when I saw Ruzzel’s one she looked absolutely pretty because she spent 3 days making lots of newspaper flowers and she put them around her dress and her hat. Mrs Yumal helped Ruzzel learn how to make newspaper flowers and Ruzzel gave me one of her newspaper flowers and she was so kind!

On Thursday afternoon it was the day that Room 6 and Room 7 were doing the fashion show in front of the whole school and my friends and I were so nervous because I thought the people would make fun of our dress but they actually did not make fun of our outfits – they loved it.

When my bestfriend Thalia and I walked in the room where the whole school was, they were screaming and cheering for us and I was so happy because they loved it and even my friends too. My best friend said I want to do it again and then Room 7 and 6 did it again and it was for a pose and I loved how they were cheering and screaming for Room 7 and 6!